Can you open a bank account in Spain without a NIE?
You don’t need a NIE Number in Spain to open a Bank Account.
What documents do I need to open a bank account in Spain?
In order to open a bank account in Spain, you’ll need the following documents to hand¹:
- A valid passport or other acceptable proof of identity.
- Proof of address.
- Proof of your employment status – such as an employment contract signed by your employer. …
- Spanish foreigner identification number (NIE) and certificate.
Do I need a NIE to open a bank account?
If you still haven’t a NIE, you can open a non-resident bank account. Several banks offer this possibility. Just go to the closest bank in your neighborhood.
How do I open a Spanish bank account in Spain?
How to open a bank account in Spain
- Proof of identity (e.g., passport)
- Spanish foreigner identification number (NIE) and certificate (número de identificación de extranjeros)
- Proof of address.
- Proof of employment status (e.g., student card, employment contract, unemployment documentation)
Which bank in Spain is best for expats?
Best Banks in Spain for Expats
- BBVA Bank Spain. When it comes to opening a bank account in Spain and particularly for non-residents, the BBVA Bank Spain is definitely a choice to have in mind. …
- Banco Popular. …
- Santander Bank. …
- Sadabell Bank Spain. …
- Bankia Spain. …
- Revoult Spain. …
- N26 Online Bank. …
How much does it cost to get an NIE number in Spain?
As a non-European Union citizen you must pay a NIE Spain number tax fee around 10.71 euro. On the application form it will identify that you must bring the tax amount to a bank with Form 790. The bank will give you a receipt (resguardo).
Is my money safe in a Spanish bank account?
How Safe Is Your Money? The Spanish Deposit Guarantee Fund guarantees 100,000€ per account holder per bank. However just because a bank is located in Spain doesn’t mean it’s included in this scheme. Other EU banks are normally covered by their respective country.
Where can you open a bank account without being a resident?
However, larger banks such as US Bank, TD Bank, Bank of America, Chase, and Wells Fargo will allow non-residents to set up a checking account and a savings account. Instead of your SSN, they’ll ask for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) and other documents.
What is the difference between NIE and tie Spain?
The digits that make up the NIE never change. … On the other hand, the TIE (Foreigner Identity Card) is focused on staying in Spain for a specified period and only serves to prove the stay of EU citizens.
What documents do you need for a NIE?
In order to obtain the NIE in Spain, you will have to fulfill the following requirements.
- Proof of previous appointment.
- Passport or identity card from your country of origin.
- Form EX-15 of Application for Foreinger Identity Number.
- Completed and signed fee.
Can I open a non-resident Spanish bank account online?
Open a bank account even you are not living in Spain
Yes, you can apply for a resident’s bank account online. In some cases, you can also apply for a bank account as a non-resident online. Either way, you will need to visit a branch or meet with a financial advisor to submit the paperwork.