Is January a good time to visit Barcelona?
Is January a good time to visit Barcelona? Yes. Even though the city is chilly, the pleasant weather on most days makes for a good walk through the city and sun-bathing too! You can also take advantage of the post-holidays sales.
Is Barcelona busy in January?
Barcelona never stops, but actually the first week of January is a very busy week, still in festive mood as the Christmas season here ends on Epiphany day (Jan 6).
What should I avoid in Barcelona?
13 Things That Tourists Should Never Do in Barcelona
- Call Catalan a Dialect.
- Expect Paella in Every Restaurant.
- Drink Beer out of Huge Glasses.
- Go to the Boqueria Market and Buy Nothing but a Fruit Salad.
- Speak Loudly in the Streets at Night.
- Not Leave La Rambla and the Gothic Quarter.
Is it expensive in Barcelona?
Barcelona is quite expensive to visit but still affordable and it is definately possible to visit Barcelona and keep costs low. Like all cities Barcelona has cheap options and good deals. Barcelona is not generally considered expensive in comparison to other top city destinations in Europe like London, Paris and Rome.
Is Barcelona warm all year?
In Barcelona, the summers are short, warm, humid, and mostly clear and the winters are long, cold, and partly cloudy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 40°F to 83°F and is rarely below 33°F or above 88°F.
What is there to do in Barcelona in January?
Visiting Barcelona In January: Architectural Attractions To Visit
- La Sagrada Familia: Gaudi’s Cathedral Masterpiece. …
- Park Güell: Gaudi’s Vibrant Mosaic Park. …
- Casa Vicens: The First of Gaudi. …
- Casa Batlló: The House of Bones. …
- Casa Mila: The Stone Quarry. …
- Palau Guell: Creating Space On Limited Land.
Where is hot in January?
The hottest places in January tend to be long-haul destinations such as Cancun and Barbados.