What are the Spanish AR endings?
The present tense endings for regular -ar verbs are: -o, -as, -a, -amos, -áis, -an. You usually don’t need to give a pronoun in Spanish as the ending of the verb makes it clear who or what is doing the action.
What are the 6 AR endings?
Notice how the stem stays the same but the endings vary:
- Yo hablo (I speak) Tú hablas (You speak) Él/Ella habla (He/She speaks) …
- Yo compré (I bought) Tú compraste (You bought) Él/Ella compró (He/She bought) …
- Yo estudiaré (I will study) Tú estudiarás (You will study) Él/Ella estudiará (He/She will study)
What are the 5 endings for AR verbs?
Spanish Present Tense: -ar, -er and -ir verbs
|Subject||-AR verb endings|
|él/ella (he / she)||-a|
|vosotros/as (you all)||-áis|
|ellos / ellas (they)||-an|
How do you drop the AR in Spanish?
Simply put, to conjugate an -ar verb, drop the -ar and add the appropriate ending according to the person and tense. For example, in the present tense you add -o, -as, -a, -amos, -áis, or -an to the remaining stem after removing -ar.
What is the AR ending for yo?
Verbs that End in -ar
|Subject||-ar Endings||English translation|
|tú||-as||you (informal) speak|
|usted||-a||you (formal) speak|
|él, ella||-a||he/she speaks|
What are the six endings to regular ar verbs?
-Ar verbs have six endings: o, as, a, amos, áis, an. To conjugate the verb, we remove the -ar and add our endings: ‘Hablar’ becomes ‘habl-.
What is AR Spanish?
Grammar 01: -ar verbs. Present tense -AR verbs. In Spanish, verbs are divided into three categories for all tenses: -ar verbs, -er verbs, and -ir verbs. The -ar, -er, and -ir refer to the unconjugated infinitive ending of the verb. Examples of each are hablar (to speak), comer (to eat), and vivir (to live).
What is the ellos form of estar?
|Subject||Present (am/is/are)||Future (will be)|
|vosotros (You all)||estáis||estaréis|
What is the most common verb ending in Spanish?
All Spanish verbs in their infinitive form end in -ar, -er, or -ir. The ending will affect how the verb is conjugated. -ar verbs are the most common verb type in Spanish, so you’ll encounter them a lot.
What are the three steps to conjugate an AR verb?
- separate the ar/er/ir ending from the verb infinitive leaving the verb stem.
- make any necessary stem changes if the verb is stem changing or irregular.
- add the appropriate verb ending to the stem according to the person of the subject of the verb. ( assuming present tense, indicative mood)
What are the six Spanish conjugations?
1. Get to Know the Basics of Spanish Conjugation
- Yo — I.
- Tú — you (singular informal)
- Usted — you (singular formal)
- Él/ella — he, she.
- Nosotros/nosotras — we.
- Vosotros/vosotras — you (plural informal)
- Ustedes — you (plural formal)
- Ellos/ellas — them.
What are two ER verbs Spanish?
Common -er Verbs
|comprender||to understand; to comprehend|
What is the rule for AR verbs in Spanish?
In Spanish, you conjugate verbs by changing the ending. If the subject is I (yo), conjugate by dropping the ending and add -o. If the subject is you – informal (tú), conjugate by dropping the ending and add -as (for -ar verbs).