What should I avoid in Spain?
Here are 15 things that tourists should never do in Spain.
- Never expect punctuality.
- Never expect shops to open in the middle of the day.
- Never forget to try some Spanish phrases.
- Never be surprised at being greeted with a kiss.
- Don’t worry about day drinking.
- Don’t be surprised to receive free food.
What should I know before going to Spain?
10 Things to Know Before Visiting Spain
- People eat very late. …
- Most people don’t actually sleep during siesta time. …
- Things don’t always start on time. …
- The public transport is excellent. …
- Spanish isn’t the only official language in Spain. …
- Paella and Sangria are not available everywhere.
Do and don’ts in Spain?
- Do not complain about smoking. …
- Do not get involved with any drugs. …
- Do not wear shorts in public, except to the beach.
- Do not eat with your hands.
- Do not walk around at night alone.
- Do not cross the eight lane roads anywhere except at the crossings.
What should I look for in Spain?
16 Things You Should Know Before Visiting Spain
- Learning some lingo is a good idea. …
- But Spanish is not the only language. …
- Spaniards eat late. …
- Not everywhere is sunny. …
- Public transport is good. …
- You can drink the tap water. …
- Pickpockets can be a problem. …
- Tipping isn’t a big deal.
Is it OK to wear shorts in Spain?
The custom in Spain is that you use shorts only at the beach and not in the city. If you wear shorts in the city everyone will know you are a tourist, which is not a good thing because you may call attention from pickpockets. However there are no rules.
How much money should I bring to Spain?
How much money will you need for your trip to Spain? You should plan to spend around €119 ($138) per day on your vacation in Spain, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, €32 ($37) on meals for one day and €22 ($25) on local transportation.
Are Spaniards friendly to tourists?
ahead of the UK in fifth and the U.S in sixth. Spain has been crowned the world’s most tourist-friendly country in a prestigious biennial report thanks to its cultural and natural offerings, along with its top tourism infrastructure.
What month is the best to visit Spain?
Spring and fall are ideal times to visit nearly all of Spain, with the possible exception of the Atlantic coast, which experiences heavy rains in October and November. May and October are the best months with regard to weather as well as crowds.
Is Zara cheap in Spain?
IS ZARA CHEAPER IN SPAIN COMPARED WITH OTHER COUNTRIES? … When it comes to Inditex’s number one brand, Zara, the answer is no. You can see that the average price in Spain is almost 18 per cent lower compared to the other European markets (28.6 euros in Spain as compared to 33.7 euros in other markets).
Should I tip waiters in Spain?
Waiters in Spain are paid a better base salary than servers in the U.S. (who rely on tips for most of their income), so tipping your server there, while appreciated, isn’t mandatory. … If you don’t see those, a 10–15% tip is appropriate for good service.
What jobs are in demand in Spain?
According to the data gathered from the interviews with Human Resources directors, the categories currently in the highest demand in Spain are: Sales (26.34%), Engineering (24.19%), Technology (23.12%), Marketing (9.14%) and Administration, Finance and Legal (4.30%).