What is the IR rule in Spanish?
Verbs with infinitives ending in –ir form a third group of regular verbs, often called third conjugation verbs. To form the present tense conjugations of these verbs, drop the –ir from the infinitive and add the third conjugation endings (-o, -es, -e, -imos, -en) to the resulting stem.
What are the Spanish conjugations for IR?
The Present Tense of Ir
|usted va||You (formal) go|
|nosotros vamos||We go|
|vosotros váis||You all (informal) go|
|ellos/ellas van||They go|
What is IR +A?
One such expression combines the verb ir (conjugated) with an infinitive. The preposition “a” is always used. The formula is: ir a + infinitive = to be going to do something (in the near future) Voy a llevar a mi hermana a su casa.
What is IR in present tense?
Ir conjugation: basic forms
|él, ella, Usted||va||fue|
What two words are al a combination?
Al is a contraction of the two Spanish words a and el, and can mean many things, such as “at the” or “to the.”
How do you use IR in a sentence?
Here are a few examples of how you can use ir in a Spanish sentence:
- English: I go to the bank two times per week. …
- English: I’m going out (or I’m going to go out). …
- English: This is the last day I go to university. …
- English: Relax, you go with time to spare (or you have time to spare). …
- English: I’m leaving.
What is IR in yo form?
|Subject||Present (go/goes)||Preterite (went)|
How do you use IR?
Where Do You Plan to Go?
- Yo iré (I will go).
- Tú irás (You will go).
- Usted irá (You will go – formal).
- Él irá (He will go).
- Nosotros iremos (We will go).
- Vosotros iríais (Spain) or Ustedes irán (Lain America) (You all will go).
- Ellas irán (They will go – feminine).
What is IR used for in Spanish?
The Spanish verb IR (to go) is one of the most commonly used verbs in Spanish.
What are the IR endings in Spanish?
Spanish Present Tense: -ar, -er and -ir verbs
|Subject||-IR verb endings|
|él/ella (he / she)||-e|
|vosotros/as (you all)||-ís|
What are regular IR verbs in Spanish?
Common Regular Verbs
- vivir (to live, pronounced: vee-veer)
- escribir (to write, pronounced: ehs-kree-beer)
- recibir (to receive, pronounced: reh-see-beer)
- permitir (to allow, pronounced: per-mee-teer)
- abrir (to open, pronounced: ah-breer)
- subir (to go up, pronounced: soo-beer)
- decidir (to decide, pronounced: deh-see-deer)