How do Spaniards greet each other?
Spaniards greet each other with a kiss on each cheek. It is likely that even if you just get introduced to someone, they will just reach out to kiss you on the cheek. This does not happen among men but mostly among women and between men and women. A handshake is the rule of thumb, though.
What is Spanish etiquette?
Say hello and goodbye when entering any shop or establishment. Greet people when they enter an elevator/lift. If you need to give an object to someone, pass it to them. It is rude to toss it in their direction. Tipping is common but not routinely expected.
How do you show courtesy in Spain?
Shake hands with everyone present–men, women and children–at a business or social meeting. Shake hands again when leaving. Men may embrace each other when meeting (friends and family only). Women may kiss each other on the cheek and embrace.
What is a Spanish kiss?
In Spain, people greet each other and say goodbye with a kiss on each cheek. Don’t be mistaken – these aren’t wet, sloppy kisses! In fact, these aren’t really proper kisses at all. People usually touch their right cheeks together and make a kissing sound, then repeat the process on the left side.
What should I avoid in Spain?
Here are 15 things that tourists should never do in Spain.
- Never expect punctuality.
- Never expect shops to open in the middle of the day.
- Never forget to try some Spanish phrases.
- Never be surprised at being greeted with a kiss.
- Don’t worry about day drinking.
- Don’t be surprised to receive free food.
What are the do’s and don’ts in Spain?
- Do not complain about smoking. …
- Do not get involved with any drugs. …
- Do not wear shorts in public, except to the beach.
- Do not eat with your hands.
- Do not walk around at night alone.
- Do not cross the eight lane roads anywhere except at the crossings.
How do Spanish people behave?
The Spaniards are friendly, kind and active, ¡really active! Especially if compared to the majority of Europeans. They like to meet friends for a drink, enjoy the good weather, good food and parties. The Spaniards likes to go out to dancing, but not all dance flamenco.
How do you annoy someone in Spanish?
How to piss off a Spaniard
- Insult their mother. …
- Be insensitive to their “national” identity. …
- Make no effort to speak Spanish, or whatever the language of the region you’re in. …
- Drive slow in the fast lane. …
- Cheer for the Barcelona soccer team when you’re in a bar in Madrid. …
- Mention Francisco Franco.
Do Spanish people say please?
John: The politest society in Spain always say “Please” and “Thank You”. That is how you can detect the breeding and good manners of others. You should continue using those words in Spain and not lower your high standards.